Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How Much Does Washing Machine Weigh

Saints ... ...'s get to know these strangers ...!


THURSDAY 'September 23, 2010

liturgical color WHITE 1 st week of the Psalter


Saint of the Day: St. Pio of Pietrelcina (Francesco Forgione)
Pietrelcina (BN), May 25, 1887 - San Giovanni Rotondo (FG), September 23, 1968


Francesco Forgione was born in Pietrelcina, Benevento, May 25, 1887. On 22 January 1903, at sixteen, he entered a Capuchin Franciscan convent and takes the name of Brother Pio of Pietrelcina. Become a priest seven years later, August 10, 1910. In 1916 more than planning to move to San Giovanni Rotondo, Gargano, and here, in the convent of S. Maria delle Grazie, begins an extraordinary adventure to Padre Pio as a miracle worker and an apostle of the confessional. On 20 September 1918, the cappuccino receives the stigmata of Christ's Passion that will remain open, painful and bleeding for fifty years. He died September 23, 1968, aged 81. Declared venerable in 1997 and beatified in 1999, canonized in 2002.

Etymology: Pio = devout, religious, pious (signif. Intuitive)

Martyrology: San Pio da Pietrelcina (Francesco) Forgione, a priest of 'Order of Friars Minor Capuchin, which in the convent of San Giovanni Rotondo in Puglia is very engaged in the spiritual direction of the faithful and the reconciliation of penitents had such provident care for the needy and the poor to be concluded on this day his earthly pilgrimage fully configured Christ crucified.


MEDITATION ...


From the Letters of St. Pio of Pietrelcina

(Lett 500, 510; Epist. I, 1065, 1093-1095, ed. 1992).
strong will raise my voice to Him and do not desist


Under that obedience leads me to express what happened in me from day five in the evening, all six of the current month of August 1918. I'm not worth to tell you what that occurred during this period of martyrdom superlative. I was confessing our boys on the evening of five, when all of a sudden I was filled with extreme terror at the sight of a heavenly character that I appear before the eye of intelligence. He was holding a kind of tool, like a long sheet of iron with a sharp tip well, and it seemed like it came out tip fire. See all this and watch that character throw with all the violence that soul thing was all one thing. I barely let out a moan, I felt like dying. I told the boy that he had withdrawn because I was sick and could not feel the strength to continue.
This martyrdom lasted, without interruption, until the morning of day seven. What I suffered in this period of mourning I can not say. Even I could see that the bowels were torn and strained the back of that thing, and everything was set on fire. From that day here I was mortally wounded. I feel in the depths of the soul a wound that is open, it makes me yearns assiduously.
What about to tell you what you ask me how it's been my crucifixion? My God, what a mess and I feel humiliated at having to show what you have worked in this thy wretched creature! It was the morning of 20th of last September, in chorus, after the celebration of Holy Mass, where I was surprised by the rest, like a sweet sleep. All external and internal senses, not that the same faculties of the soul were in an indescribable peace.
In all this there was complete silence around me and within me, I immediately took over a great peace and abandonment to the complete loss of everything and a pose in the same ruin. All this happened in a flash.
And while all this was working before I saw a mysterious figure, similar to that seen on the evening of Aug. 5, which differed only in that he had the hands and feet and side that dripped blood. His vision terrifies me, what I felt at that moment in me I could not tell you. I was dying and would die if the Lord had not intervened to support the heart, which I heard him throw his chest.
The view of the person retires and I noticed that the hands, feet and side were pierced and dripping blood. Imagine the torment that I go and then esperimentai continually experiencing almost every day. The wound of the heart throws assiduously blood, especially from Thursday evening until Saturday. Father, I am dying of grief for the torture and the subsequent confusion that I feel in the depths of the soul. I'm afraid to bleed to death if the Lord does not hear the cries of my poor heart and withdraw from me with this. I will do this favor Jesus is so good?
least take away from me this confusion that I test on these outward signs? Strong will raise my voice to him and begged him not desist from, in order to withdraw His mercy from me the agony, no pain, because I see it and I can not feel pain of wanting to inebriate, but these outward signs, I have to confusion and an unspeakable humiliation and unsustainable.
's character wanted to talk about in my other earlier is just the same of which I spoke in another mine, since August 5. He follows his operation without pause, with superlative torment the soul. I'm inside a continuous rumble, like a waterfall, which throws more blood. My God! The punishment is fair and upright your opinion but to use me mercy. Domine, I will tell you always with your prophet, Domine, nor in your wrath arguas me in your wrath corripias Neque me! (Ps 6, 2, 37, 1). My father, now that all my inside is known, does not disdain to come up to me the word of comfort in the midst of so fair and lasting bitterness.


Responsor See 1 Cor 9,19.22, 29.15 to 16 Gb

R. You are light in the Lord: Walk as children of light. * Fruit of the light is all good, just and true.
V. You are the light of the world, let your light shine before men.
R. fruit of light is all good, just and true.

TE DEUM

We praise you, God, you proclaim the Lord *
.
O eternal Father:
all the earth worships you.

A *
you sing the angels and all the powers of the heavens:
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of *
.

The heavens and the earth *
are full of your glory.
glorious band of apostles *
and white-robed army of martyrs;

unite the voices of the prophets praise you *
the holy Church proclaims your glory,
adore your only Son, Holy Spirit *
Paraclete.

O Christ, King of glory,
eternal Son of the Father,
you were born of the Virgin Mother *
for the salvation of man.

Winner of death, *
you opened to believers the kingdom of heaven.
You are seated at the right hand of God, the Father's glory. * You will be judging
the world at the end of time.

o'er thy children, Lord,
you have redeemed with Your precious blood.

* Make them to your glory in the assembly of saints.

Save your people, Lord,
guide and protect your children.
Every day we bless you, *
praise your name forever.

Deign now, Lord,
to keep us without sin.
always be with us Thy mercy: *
we have hoped in you.

mercy on us, Lord, have mercy on us
.
You are our hope, we will not be confused *
forever.
PRAYER

You alone are holy, Lord, and beside thee there is no light of goodness: the intercession and example of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina is' we are living an authentic Christian life , not to be deprived of your vision in the sky. Through Christ our Lord. AMEN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment